Amethyst is a variety of quartz stone. This semiprecious stone is the birthstone of people born in February.
The history of the use of this stone originates from the land of Egypt. As per popular legends, the color of amethyst is said to be dyed by the tears of the Greek god of wine & rivalry. Talking about the colors of the amethyst stone, they range from deep purple to a lighter shade of pink
Characteristics of Amethysts:
- Amethyst is a stone of a mineral variety with its core formula of silica also called the silicon dioxide.
- The streak of the Amethyst stone is white and its structural build up is conchoidal.
- Amethyst stones possess a beautiful vitreous and glossy luster.
- On the Mohs scale, the hardness of amethysts is noted as 7 Mohs.
Properties and Uses:
- Helps in withdrawal from addictions and its relative symptoms.
- It is known to heal medical problems related to the circulatory system. Amethyst is also popularly suggested to the patients of arthritis to seek relief.
- The vibrancy and healing powers of amethyst helps in curing insomnia and acute headaches.
- It is an ideal stone to be graced in silver jewelry.
- The stone also commonly used as a powerful sobriety stone.
- It is also said to possess powers to strengthen the area of one’s wealth and material earnings.